- About Us
- Policy Center
- GAP Report® & GAP Index™
- Harvest 2050 Blog
2017 GAP Report® – OLD
OCTOBER 18, 2017 | 11:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Des Moines Marriott Hotel,
700 Grand Avenue Des Moines, IA 50309
Global Harvest Initiative (GHI) will release its 2017 Global Agricultural Productivity Report® (GAP Report®)at the World Food Prize in Des Moines, Iowa. The GAP Report® is an annual call-to-action to invest in proven strategies for sustainably producing food, feed, fiber and biofuel for a growing world.
The 2017 GAP Report® explores the role of agricultural productivity in sustainable food and agriculture systems, highlighting farmer and consumer stories from the U.S., India, Kenya, Vietnam and Colombia.
Dr. Margaret Zeigler, Executive Director of GHI, will be joined by a panel of experts to discuss the risks, choices and opportunities facing farmers as they seek to improve their productivity and livelihoods, while ensuring the sustainability of their farms for years to come.
- Mr. Doyle Karr, Biotechnology Public Policy Director, DuPont, 2017 GHI Board Chair
- Mr. Stewart Leeth, Vice President, Regulatory Affairs and Chief Sustainability Of cer, Smith eld Foods
- Mr. Juan Jose Molina Echeverry, Veterinarian and Rancher, El Hatico Natural Reserve, Colombia
- Dr. Sally Rockey, Executive Director, Foundation for Food and Agriculture Research
Join us in person in the Des Moines Room, 3rd Floor, Des Moines Marriott Hotel.
- Presentation of Report & Panel Discussion: 11:00 AM to 12:20 PM
- Lunch: 12:20 PM to 1:00 PM
(all times Central U.S., UCT-6.00)